Quick Answer: Is Pine Sol Toxic To Breathe?

Are Pine Sol fumes harmful?

The dangers of inhaling Pine Sol include a variety of respiratory symptoms such as irritation of the mucus membranes and aspiration pneumonia.

Even if the patient has ingested some Pine Sol in addition to inhaling it, it is not recommended to make the patient vomit..

Is Pine Sol a safe cleaner?

A: Yes. Original Pine-Sol® Multi-Surface Cleaner is registered with the EPA as a disinfectant when used as directed full strength. When used according to the instructions on the product, it kills 99.9% of germs and household bacteria on hard, nonporous surfaces.

What should you not use Pine Sol on?

A: We do not recommend using Pine-Sol® Original Multi-Surface Cleaner on aluminum, copper or marble surfaces. We also do not recommend using Pine-Sol® Cleaners on cars, on dishes or as a pet shampoo.

Can I use Pine Sol in a spray bottle?

Pine-Sol cleans all kinds of counter tops and surfaces while disinfecting. Dilute ¼ cup of Pine-Sol® in one gallon of warm water. … Or for everyday mess control, keep the Pine-Sol® mixture in a spray bottle for quick cleaning spritzes.

Can you mix Pine Sol and vinegar?

Mix a 1/2 cup pinesol with 2 cups of vinegar, & a 1/2 cup of water in a spray bottle. Spray surface with mixture. … Clean or Pine-Sol) can remove grime, but you may need to rinse or even hand-dry the floor to prevent the cleanser from leaving residue behind.

Can PineSol cause cancer?

Pine Sol and Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner were found to contain toluene, a solvent, and neurotoxin that has been removed from many nail polish formulations due to consumer pressure over links to cancer and its ability to cause developmental damage to a fetus.

Can cleaning products damage your lungs?

Researchers say the chemicals in household cleaning products can damage your lungs as much as smoking cigarettes. Living in a clean house may be good for your health, but actually cleaning your home to get it to that condition may be bad for you.

Does Pine Sol kill mold?

Pine-Sol will definitely kill molds effectively because of its disinfectant properties. Pine-Sol is designed to disinfect hard surfaces and clothes too.

What happens if Pine Sol gets on your skin?

Most people won’t have any noticeable reaction to modern Pine SOL containing glycolic acid if it comes in contact with skin. In rarer cases, it can cause skin irritation. It is also quite safe in case you accidentally ingest it.